You know you've been paddling for too long when...
- Your closet contains a 5:1 ratio of polypro and fleece to normal clothes
- To you, foreplay, XXX, and dominatrix are associated with boats, and porn is a kayak video.
- Stripping in the open is normal and not something that you expect to get paid for.
- You know exactly how many cans of beer can fit into any given boat design.
- You stop to examine possible lines on any trickle of water and then determine exactly how small you would have to be in order to be able to run it
- You have caused multiple car accidents due to checking out rapids and water levels while driving.
- Your car is parked on the street due to your garage being too filled with boats and drying racks of kayak gear.
- You know every power station and dam release times by heart and your job has nothing to do with either.
- You sincerely believe that boats, gear, and kayakers don’t apply to a vehicles maximum weight restrictions and also believe that at heart all cars are four-wheel drive and thus are capable of driving in conditions that require
- Among friends, you have debated the possibility and logistics involved in having sex in a kayak on multiple occasions.
- Your flatmates have placed a limit on the number of random stinky strangers that can sleep on your couch/floor at any given time.
- Your kayak is worth twice as much as your car, and your kayak gear is your most valuable asset.
- A hot plate filled with the combination of tuna fish, cheese, chips, noodles,
broccoli, tomatoes, rice, and eggs is one of the best meals you have ever
- You can no longer smell polypro, and damn it, stripes are sexy!!!
- The most stamped cafe loyalty card is Zippy's Rotorua
- You own 2 kayaks (and for a while 3) but have no car - AKA J.Gunn
- A huge low about to hit the North Island, with the promise of tremendous rainfall, is a good thing because you might be able to do a new run.
- You make your schedule free for all of March and the Easter break, cos you don't want to miss anything. I haven't missed a single one of those trips in 4 seasons!
- Your CD collection consists of mainly road trip orientated music.
- Your Car has no wing mirrors!
- Your local takeaways are in Matamata.
- Giving directions you
refer to paddling spots instead of common place names.
You know you've been around AUCC for too long when...
- You automatically adjust from normal time to AUCC time by adding 2-3 hours to all trip departure times.
- You are considered to have reached a proficient level in the web of cest of
- You have learned to never let Ian borrow your towel.
- You understand and accept the pain that will be associated with the morning
after any AUCC club event.
- You view vomiting and peeing on, in, or near someone’s car, tent, or person as just part of the dating process.
- You seem to have a growing list of foriegn friends who you can stay with all over the world.
- Your favourite meal is Vegetarian Nachos.
- You find long unnecessary emails about who ate someones pie a year ago funny. This isn't sarcasm, it really is funny!
- You can understand what Guido is actually saying.
- Potential Haikus about Yakka plague your mind.
- You hold onto useless clothing items in the event that they will be needed for a theme party